Completion certificates

Homeowners and agents often need to request copy certificates for proof that work has been carried out on homes or other buildings.

If the building control work was carried out by us, we can provide you with a copy of the completion certificate issued. There is a £15 administration charge and we aim to send the certificate to you within 10 working days.

If no completion certificate was issued, a final inspection letter may be sent to you instead (or an inspection organised if no final inspection was carried out).

If the building control work was carried out by an Approved Inspector, you must contact them for copies of any initial notices, plans or final certificates.

Where works have been carried out by a member of a Competent Person Scheme, e.g. electrical, plumbing or gas-related works, you should contact the relevant scheme operator.

Find out more about the importance of completion certificates for building work.